Monday, April 26, 2010

You can always go home....

This past weekend I went home to Charleston, SC for a friend's wedding....I really didn't expect the outcomes I got from this trip, but I am learning that I am following my divine path more and more... and that often times the answers we seek are right in front of us....I left Miami at 3am on Thursday morning and I arrived on my Island ( Johns Island, SC) about 12:30pm.....I was in no rush and I took my time driving... I enjoyed the journey up...it was a great time for reflection and reminiscing...







It was so good to back around familiar surroundings again....the old oak trees, the dirt roads,the smell of the pluff mud, my old high school and church and of course my mother's home.  This trip was an emotional and spirituality uplifting one for me.  Before I left Miami, it was placed in my spirit to honor my ancestors, and to seek their guidance.  And that is exactly what I did, I visited the graves of all my ancestors that I could remember and I thanked them not only for influence, but for allowing me to exist,for without them, there would be no me. The trip to my daddy's grave was filled with mixed emotions as I sat and talked with him about my life, the joys, the lows, my fears, my triumphs and my concerns.  I asked him for his guidance and protection and I even left him an offering in appreciation for his continual love.  I still feel his presence with me, even though its been ten years since his transition.  I miss you so much Daddy!





The wedding was short but nice...the site where it was held had very symbolic significance as it was held in the area where the slaves ships docked when they arrived to Charleston hundreds of years ago.  The energy of the ancestors was very apparent to me and I made it a point to honor their presence with an offering.  I will be sure to go back there and do some spiritual work when I return home again.  The weather was overcast and the tide was rolling in pretty swiftly but the ceremony went underway without a hitch and they are now husband and wife, and she was a beautiful bride!

The Bride and her Brother


The Happy Couple:  Mr and Mrs. D. Singleton


It was so good spending time with my mom and my nephews, and seeing my brother.  My coming home was a surprise to my nephews.  I picked them up from the after school activity and they were completely shocked.  It was nice to see how much they have grown and to sit and talk with them. I am so proud of them and I look forward to seeing them grow up to be wonderful responsible men.  My mom is doing a great job of raising them, I know it's hard for her, but she is doing the best that she can, and I commend her.  The four of us had lots of fun together from doing jigsaw puzzle races and pancake breakfasts to just sitting around laughing an talking.  I miss them so immensely....I don't have any family here in Miami so I relish these times with them.

My nephews: Travis, jr, 7 years old (left) Ti'Qunn 8 years old (right)


My beautiful Mom and my twin :) Annie

All and all I enjoyed my trip home, and I came to realization that I need to be back there.  So, I have decided to move back to SC this summer.  I will miss south Florida, but I want and need to be near my family. I am ready to begin a new chapter in my life and really make a life for myself.  I pray that one day that I will be able to manifest all that I desire and that I can truly be happy.  Going back home is going to be the first step!  Like they say you can always go back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment