It's been awhile since I've blogged and I have been feeling the need to as of late. So far 2010 has proven to be magical and spiritual for me. I started off the new year with Kemetic (egyptian) yoga on the beach under the full blue moon. What a wonderful and amazing sight to behold. As we worked our way through the postures, I couldn't help but gaze at the moon in all of her glory. I felt so honored, but yet unworthy to behold such a sight.
The moonlight felt so healing to me and my my hands buzzed with energy. I felt like my reiki was being activated and that the universe for answering my prayer for guidance and healing. We had a nice size group for this special yoga session and there was a general consensus that the moon was beautiful and magical. This was new years eve and after such a healing and spiritual time on the beach, I really didn't feel like partying. I was excited because I had a midnight date with my new beau, even though he lives in pittsburgh and I in south florida. I was hoping that it would go off without a hitch, I wanted us to bring in the new year together. To possible envision the year that we would to have and to talk about our hopes and dreams. Well, I called him at midnight and by 12:02 we were disconnected. I tried feverishly to call and text him to no avail, the phone lines were jammed up. I was so disappointed. Was this a sign of things to come? How can something so simple as a phone call go so awry on such a wonderful, powerful, spiritual night. What a let down...the miscommunication between us due to phone complications was a total let down.
The next morning I attended my kemetic community's annual NIA sunrise meditation, this was my third year attending. The turnout wasn't as great as previous years but it was nice still the same. I invited a sister from my law of attraction group and it was good seeing her out there. The sunrise was equally as spectacular as the full moon the night before. Actually it was awesome that the full moon was still out when the sun rose. Such a wonderful and beautiful way to start off another year. I was so grateful to see another year roll in. 2009 had it's share of up and downs, but I will use them to springboard into 2010 with great hopes and lots of positivity. I took a few pics of the first sunrise of 2010 as the whole view of it all fascinates me. I felt just like the sunrise, I was happy to embark not only on a new day, but a new year and a new decade. I saw a few people from the community that I hadn't seen in awhile and I got to see a friends new baby once again. It warmed my heart when she smiled at me when I touched her back. The maternal instincts in me were a little envious, but it really made my day. I haven't been around a baby in a long time and it really makes me emotional. I try not to think about the possibility of not being able to have children, but it was nice being around such a beautiful baby again.
First sunrise of 2010 taken from Hollywood Beach, Florida
One of the rituals I enjoy the most at the Njia meditation is the burning of the negatives. It's where we write down negative attributes, experiences, things and etc that we want to rid our lives of in the new year. It's a powerful and symbolic gesture, because fire not only destroys but it cleanses as well. As I wrote mine down, I lingered on each one, and I thought about how I was going to change these things into positives in the new year. So i tossed my list in the hole with the others and I watched as they were set aflame that I wont encounter these things again this year.
The group's list of negatives
The burning of the negatives
All gone, fire cleanses and destroys!
The first week of January has had it's ups and downs and it was downright cold here in south florida. Temperatures have dropped down to the 30's at night and I'm bugging out because I dont have any winter clothes here. I've never really owned a sizeable winter wardrobe, but I am at a real disadvantage here. I have two long sleeved shirts and one black sweater. I have a coat and a couple of jackets, but none of it is really fashionable. So I've been laying low, because I dont have much of a wardrobe for this kind of weather. I am heading to pittsburgh soon, and this will prove to be very interesting as they have lots of snow and as he tells me the weather is pretty brutal. I've been heating my apartment with the oven as I don't have heat, and today my friend Dawn loaned me a small heater. I am praying that my financial situation turns around quickly so that I can provide so much more for myself. I've started doing holistic health counseling and I have my first client. I look forward to assisting others in this area and getting more training in other modalities to assist them in their quest in being healthy. I am considering going back into HR to make more money as work at both jobs are getting really slow. I need to meditate on this and see what the universe directs me too. Tomorrow I will get back into my yoga routine and taking my health more seriously. On tuesday jan. 12 I have a follow up biopsy to see if my cells in my uterus have healed or if they have turned cancerous. I'm scared but hopeful, I will prepare myself either way. I am looking forward to my relationship with my sweetie Phil in Pittsburgh growing and expanding. I can't wait til I am in his arms and we can be together as a couple in the same place. I care about him sooo much, I can seem to tell him that enough. I am positive that 2010 will be a stellar year for me regardless!

No comments:
Post a Comment