Like Hansel and Gretel.... I left a trail...not of breadcrumbs but details...
of who I was
am
and who I want to be...
It's hard sometimes to discern if you could stomach the taste....
but being the optimist that I am
I continue to leave them..you know..
just in case
you
desired more....
You know I never kept score,
just enjoyed playing the game.....
watching the embers burn...seeing the reflection of my flame....
burn brightly with a myriad of colors that kalidescopes would envy....
Not knowing where I would land...or where we would be
Never have I experienced this before...
where I wanted something/someone so badly without knowing what was in store
daydreaming of you and your day
missing your smile and hearing you say....
"bae"
Not in a million years would I have thought one letter could bring me joy
oh boy
whoever thought up the letter "L" had no clue....
the smile that it would evoke when I heard it from you
Call me greedy or simple and such
but i really do miss you...oh so much
The little things I used to do, brought me so much pleasure
just small tokens of my love that I thought would one day measure
to the miles that ultimately kept us apart
no matter what i tried to convey with my heart
I so wish that fear hadn't kept me bay
but so often I wonder if I had moved,
would I still have heard what you said to me on that fateful day in May
the 14th to be exact,
the day I noticed and felt a small crack...
in my heart...
but it did not break
spirit told me to hold on, let's see what's at stake
and hold on I do,
like a tick to it's prey
but not to strangle or confine you,
or to bleed your life away
but to
LOVE
YOU
with all that I have to give
to see what kind of life together that we can live
But I respect your space and I always did
I still have a little fight left in me.....
wait... don't close that lid.......
we are not
done........
alelah Orginal penned off the dome August 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment