Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Acknowleding Your Growth

Today in my inbox I received a very pivotal message that really made me think...the message was from a newsletter I subscribed to called the daily om Http://www.dailyom.com. Today's message was on Acknowledging your growth....This spoke to me on so many levels because over the last year I have experienced a lot of growth. The last 3 months have especially "growth" riddled....broke up with my fiance..threatened with a possible hysterectomy...finances and employment slowed down considerably...but despite those "growing" pains....I am fine...

The message suggested that one shouldn't languish over past achievements or disruptions, but remind ourselves of our past and the insights we have gained from them, but not as ourselves but as an outsider looking in. What a novel concept...this way your not tripped up by ego or self defeating beliefs or regrets...in this way you can truly be objective and appreciative of your life's journey.

I am certainly grateful for the person that I am today...but I don't hate or look down on the person that I was before either. I respect, adore, sympathize, criticize, applaud, cry with, entertain and love who she is, because without her this is no me. And as my days trod along and I come to other rungs of my growth ladder, I will look back in the journey with gratitude and awe. I know that life will sometime offer me challenges and bumps on the road, but with "no struggle there is no progress"..and without the bad you really can't appreciate the good.

No comments:

Post a Comment