Feb. 7th will make 8 years since I have been growing my locs, dreads, nattys, whatever you want to call them...I don't get caught in the titles..but I love my hair...I love who I am with them as well...it has been a wonderful sometimes wacky journey but I still love them all the same.... my longest loc reaches to my waist and I have over 150 of them....one day i will measure them to get an accurate account of their length...I love when I get them styled and pampered...it shows their real versatility and beauty...below are some pics of my favorite styles throughout the years...I can't wait to see how long they will grow..even though they are making me a little tender headed now with their length...anywho...I LOVE MY LOCS....they are a true part of the lioness that I am...ASHE!
My most recent due from a couple of weeks ago dec. 2009
Pipe cleaner curls...yeah I curled my locs on pipe cleaners...great alternative style to shorten long locs as well, they kinda resemble two strand twists
Yet another one of my favorite styles...these are like rope twists with my hair twisted around itself...I loved this style..very unique and fun...just like me!
This is a pony hawk I did on myself...I look mad young in this pic but I was 34..lol
This is what they call a braid -out or braid set...my locs were about 5 years old here
These are just a few of the numerous styles I've had along the years...I just love my hair and I want to be an awesome loc role model for the sistas out there who think locs can't be styled and still be beautiful....remember your hair is your crowning glory...Love and Light...Lioness
super cute!!! I love them too!
ReplyDelete