Monday, June 14, 2010

29 days...29 Gifts update

ok so I'm a little behind on my blogging for my 29 days ....29 gifts quest... so I decided to update my blog tonight with the outcome so far...

Day 2, June 9, 2010

I gave my client's son Tasheed (a very inquisitive and funny 4 year old) a hug, it was such a sweet and simple gesture.  He is too cute!

Day 3, June 10, 2010

I had to go to the VA hospital here in miami for my dr's appointment. Going to the VA is always an adventure, and I normally encounter many colorful characters in the form of the elder veterans.  I made it my point to thank a few of them for their service to this country and I also gave a wheel chair bound veteran my spot in a crowded elevator.

Day 4, June 11, 2010

I got my hair done on this day and I was there at the salon for 6 hrs.  Normally, I barter with the sister who does my hair, but she is also selling some loc jewelry that I make. As she tried to settle up the amount that she owed me for the pieces she sold, I told her to keep the money...that she didnt owe me anything. She was surprised and it felt good!

Day 5, June 12, 2010

I gave a donation to a little league baseball team soliciting donations outside of the grocery store I frequent near my job. They are trying to go see the baseball hall of fame in cooper's town. I hope that they raise enough funds to go. It feels nice helping to fund a dream.

Day 6, June 13,2010

I didn't actually give away anything today.. but I look forward to making up for it tomorrow. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment