I am going to try and complete 30 poems in 30 days... I queried my twitter fam for my first topic and the answer was GROWTH... So here it goes.....
Growth
Like dormant seeds in fertile ground I anticipated my time to shine...
Anxiously awaiting to be savored, to be separated from the others growing on the vine...
Somehow I always knew that I was different, a diamond in the rough...
A fruit of a special variety, with skin, smooth but tough..
I admired how they praised me, noticing my glow...
And from all that admiration.. my hope, my joy and my faith did grow...
Then that awaited day arrived and I was not the same...
I had grown, I had blossomed, I had finally discovered my name....
Gently I was plucked from that gracious vine...
A succulent tasty vision...a child of the divine....
Ripe with beauty and wisdom, and knowledge, no other could compare....
A wonderful testament of how one could elevate with proper love and care....
Khetnu 2011
Growth
Like dormant seeds in fertile ground I anticipated my time to shine...
Anxiously awaiting to be savored, to be separated from the others growing on the vine...
Somehow I always knew that I was different, a diamond in the rough...
A fruit of a special variety, with skin, smooth but tough..
I admired how they praised me, noticing my glow...
And from all that admiration.. my hope, my joy and my faith did grow...
Then that awaited day arrived and I was not the same...
I had grown, I had blossomed, I had finally discovered my name....
Gently I was plucked from that gracious vine...
A succulent tasty vision...a child of the divine....
Ripe with beauty and wisdom, and knowledge, no other could compare....
A wonderful testament of how one could elevate with proper love and care....
Khetnu 2011
Absolutely awake. Grow on!
ReplyDelete